TRS thanks Pawar for lending support on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) on Thursday thanked NCP Chief Sharad Pawar, who told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take an early decision on the Telangana issue.
"Sharad Pawar has been consistent in his support to Telangana. We thank him on behalf of Telangana people," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said here.
Making a strong pitch for separate Telangana, Pawar today told the Prime Minister that a delay in the matter would not be helpful.
According to the Union Agriculture Minister, his party has been supportive of separate Telangana for long and had even held a rally with TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao few years back.
Pawar, whose party is also a major partner in the Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra, said that NCP has no objection if Vidarbha region also becomes a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army