TRS thanks Pawar for lending support on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) on Thursday thanked NCP Chief Sharad Pawar, who told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take an early decision on the Telangana issue.
"Sharad Pawar has been consistent in his support to Telangana. We thank him on behalf of Telangana people," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said here.
Making a strong pitch for separate Telangana, Pawar today told the Prime Minister that a delay in the matter would not be helpful.
According to the Union Agriculture Minister, his party has been supportive of separate Telangana for long and had even held a rally with TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao few years back.
Pawar, whose party is also a major partner in the Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra, said that NCP has no objection if Vidarbha region also becomes a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city