TRS thanks Pawar for lending support on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) on Thursday thanked NCP Chief Sharad Pawar, who told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take an early decision on the Telangana issue.
"Sharad Pawar has been consistent in his support to Telangana. We thank him on behalf of Telangana people," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said here.
Making a strong pitch for separate Telangana, Pawar today told the Prime Minister that a delay in the matter would not be helpful.
According to the Union Agriculture Minister, his party has been supportive of separate Telangana for long and had even held a rally with TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao few years back.
Pawar, whose party is also a major partner in the Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra, said that NCP has no objection if Vidarbha region also becomes a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH