TRS thanks Pawar for lending support on statehood issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) on Thursday thanked NCP Chief Sharad Pawar, who told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take an early decision on the Telangana issue.
"Sharad Pawar has been consistent in his support to Telangana. We thank him on behalf of Telangana people," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said here.
Making a strong pitch for separate Telangana, Pawar today told the Prime Minister that a delay in the matter would not be helpful.
According to the Union Agriculture Minister, his party has been supportive of separate Telangana for long and had even held a rally with TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao few years back.
Pawar, whose party is also a major partner in the Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra, said that NCP has no objection if Vidarbha region also becomes a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- WHO, Health Ministry to hold awareness event on World Hepatitis Day
- Can antibiotics slow Alzheimer's progression?
- Exercise as effective as surgery for knee injury
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today