TRS threatens another Telangana bandh
Hyderabad: TRS on Sunday threatened to observe a
Telangana bandh on August 5 if the Andhra Pradesh government
goes ahead with the written examination for recruitment of
sub-inspectors without deleting a clause which makes the city
a free zone for recruitments in the police department.
"I once again appeal to the Chief Minister (N Kiran Kumar
Reddy). Even Congress leaders from Telanagna region demand
postponement of the SI exam. If he is still adamant and wants
to go ahead with the exam then various agitation programmes
will start, and on August 5 we will observe Telangana bandh,"
party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said.
TRS has been demanding that the exam should be held after
deleting clause 14 (F) from the Presidential Order, which
allows candidates from non-Telangana region to be recruited.
According to Rao, the party will observe protest rallies
on August 2, burn effigies of the Chief Minister and Director
General of Police on 3rd and arrange an all party meeting on
the 4th to appeal Reddy once again.
"If he does not heed to our demand even then, we will
call for a bandh. If the government does not agree even after
that, then we do not know what will happen on the exam day,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued