TRS threatens another Telangana bandh
Hyderabad: TRS on Sunday threatened to observe a
Telangana bandh on August 5 if the Andhra Pradesh government
goes ahead with the written examination for recruitment of
sub-inspectors without deleting a clause which makes the city
a free zone for recruitments in the police department.
"I once again appeal to the Chief Minister (N Kiran Kumar
Reddy). Even Congress leaders from Telanagna region demand
postponement of the SI exam. If he is still adamant and wants
to go ahead with the exam then various agitation programmes
will start, and on August 5 we will observe Telangana bandh,"
party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said.
TRS has been demanding that the exam should be held after
deleting clause 14 (F) from the Presidential Order, which
allows candidates from non-Telangana region to be recruited.
According to Rao, the party will observe protest rallies
on August 2, burn effigies of the Chief Minister and Director
General of Police on 3rd and arrange an all party meeting on
the 4th to appeal Reddy once again.
"If he does not heed to our demand even then, we will
call for a bandh. If the government does not agree even after
that, then we do not know what will happen on the exam day,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living