TRS to fight assembly and LS polls alone, says party chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi would fight the Andhra Pradesh assembly elections and the Lok Sabha polls next year alone, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Friday.
"TRS polit bureau today resolved to face the ensuing elections without having alliance with any party. After elections, we will move strategically to achieve separate Telangana," he told reporters here.
He said the candidates for elections would be finalised next month in consultation with a panel of party leaders.
He expressed confidence that TRS would win at least "minimum 15" Lok Sabha seats in the general elections.
TRS had contested the last general elections in a `grand alliance` with TDP and others.
TRS would organise its 12th formation day anniversary on April 27 at Armoor in Nizamabad district, which would be attended by delegates from the 10 Telangana districts.
Hitting out at Congress, he said, "Three generations of Congress leaders -- Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi -- have acted against the interests of Telangana."
"Nehru merged Telangana with the rest of present day Andhra Pradesh against the recommendations of Fazal Ali commission on states` reorganisation, while Indira Gandhi got Telangana youth killed (in 1969)," he alleged.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi has made life difficult for Telangana people by not accepting the separate statehood demand though a promise had been made," the TRS president further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India