TRS to fight assembly and LS polls alone, says party chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi would fight the Andhra Pradesh assembly elections and the Lok Sabha polls next year alone, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Friday.
"TRS polit bureau today resolved to face the ensuing elections without having alliance with any party. After elections, we will move strategically to achieve separate Telangana," he told reporters here.
He said the candidates for elections would be finalised next month in consultation with a panel of party leaders.
He expressed confidence that TRS would win at least "minimum 15" Lok Sabha seats in the general elections.
TRS had contested the last general elections in a `grand alliance` with TDP and others.
TRS would organise its 12th formation day anniversary on April 27 at Armoor in Nizamabad district, which would be attended by delegates from the 10 Telangana districts.
Hitting out at Congress, he said, "Three generations of Congress leaders -- Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi -- have acted against the interests of Telangana."
"Nehru merged Telangana with the rest of present day Andhra Pradesh against the recommendations of Fazal Ali commission on states` reorganisation, while Indira Gandhi got Telangana youth killed (in 1969)," he alleged.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi has made life difficult for Telangana people by not accepting the separate statehood demand though a promise had been made," the TRS president further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand