TRS to fight assembly and LS polls alone, says party chief
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi would fight the Andhra Pradesh assembly elections and the Lok Sabha polls next year alone, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Friday.
"TRS polit bureau today resolved to face the ensuing elections without having alliance with any party. After elections, we will move strategically to achieve separate Telangana," he told reporters here.
He said the candidates for elections would be finalised next month in consultation with a panel of party leaders.
He expressed confidence that TRS would win at least "minimum 15" Lok Sabha seats in the general elections.
TRS had contested the last general elections in a `grand alliance` with TDP and others.
TRS would organise its 12th formation day anniversary on April 27 at Armoor in Nizamabad district, which would be attended by delegates from the 10 Telangana districts.
Hitting out at Congress, he said, "Three generations of Congress leaders -- Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi -- have acted against the interests of Telangana."
"Nehru merged Telangana with the rest of present day Andhra Pradesh against the recommendations of Fazal Ali commission on states` reorganisation, while Indira Gandhi got Telangana youth killed (in 1969)," he alleged.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi has made life difficult for Telangana people by not accepting the separate statehood demand though a promise had been made," the TRS president further alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing