TRS to intensify agitation for Telangana
Karimnagar (AP): Hitting out at Congress for not accepting the demand for a separate Telangana state, TRS president K Chandrashekhar Rao on Thursday said his party would intensify the struggle for achieving the goal and work to emerge as a major political force.
He said he had even offered to merge TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) with Congress if the latter accepts its demand for statehood.
"We had given a lucrative offer (to Congress). We offered to sacrifice our party. There cannot be a bigger offer than this. (But) now there would not be any ties with Congress in future," he told reporters here this evening after a two-day party conclave.
The TRS chief had camped in New Delhi recently and held talks with senior Congress leaders like Vylar Ravi over the Telangana issue.
Before leaving for Delhi, he had expressed confidence that a separate Telangana would be formed in the near future.
He said TRS would not enter into alliance with any party for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and claimed it would emerge as a formidable political force so that it can set its own terms in the present era of coalitions and secure separate statehood.
Meanwhile, TRS will organise "Deeksha Diwas" on November 29 at all district headquarters in Telangana to press for its demand for statehood in which a large number of partymen would participate, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum