TRS to intensify agitation for Telangana
Karimnagar (AP): Hitting out at Congress for not accepting the demand for a separate Telangana state, TRS president K Chandrashekhar Rao on Thursday said his party would intensify the struggle for achieving the goal and work to emerge as a major political force.
He said he had even offered to merge TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) with Congress if the latter accepts its demand for statehood.
"We had given a lucrative offer (to Congress). We offered to sacrifice our party. There cannot be a bigger offer than this. (But) now there would not be any ties with Congress in future," he told reporters here this evening after a two-day party conclave.
The TRS chief had camped in New Delhi recently and held talks with senior Congress leaders like Vylar Ravi over the Telangana issue.
Before leaving for Delhi, he had expressed confidence that a separate Telangana would be formed in the near future.
He said TRS would not enter into alliance with any party for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and claimed it would emerge as a formidable political force so that it can set its own terms in the present era of coalitions and secure separate statehood.
Meanwhile, TRS will organise "Deeksha Diwas" on November 29 at all district headquarters in Telangana to press for its demand for statehood in which a large number of partymen would participate, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation