TRS to intensify agitation for Telangana
Karimnagar: Hitting out at Congress for not accepting the demand for a separate Telangana state, TRS president K Chandrashekhar Rao on Thursday said his party would intensify the struggle for achieving the goal and work to emerge as a major political force.
He said he had even offered to merge TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) with Congress if the latter accepts its demand for statehood.
"We had given a lucrative offer (to Congress). We offered to sacrifice our party. There cannot be a bigger offer than this. (But) now there would not be any ties with Congress in future," he told reporters here this evening after a two-day party conclave.
The TRS chief had camped in New Delhi recently and held talks with senior Congress leaders like Vylar Ravi over the Telangana issue.
Before leaving for Delhi, he had expressed confidence that a separate Telangana would be formed in the near future.
He said TRS would not enter into alliance with any party for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and claimed it would emerge as a formidable political force so that it can set its own terms in the present era of coalitions and secure separate statehood.
Meanwhile, TRS will organise "Deeksha Diwas" on November 29 at all district headquarters in Telangana to press for its demand for statehood in which a large number of partymen would participate, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing