TRS to intensify agitation over Telangana issue: KCR
Nalgonda (AP): TRS would step up the agitation for achieving separate Telangana and try to emerge as a major political force to be able to articulate its demand forcefully, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here on Sunday.
Addressing a massive public meeting at Suryapet in Nalgonda district on Sunday night, he alleged that the Congress refused to accept separate statehood though he offered to merge his party with it.
Maintaining that Congress leaders invited him to Delhi recently for holding talks, he alleged that the ruling party did not accept the statehood demand though they initially sought to merge TRS with their party.
TRS would intensify agitation and also try to emerge as a strong political force for being able to put forth its demand with more force, he said.
"We have to fight to achieve our demand. That`s why we decided to sound the war cry from Suryapet," he said.
Hitting out at former Chief Ministers N Chandrababu Naidu and late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, he claimed that the two leaders had done injustice to Telangana during their tenure.
Telangana does not want either Naidu`s rule or Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy`s rule but its own Telangana rule, he asserted.
Naidu and Jagan`s sister Sharmila, who are doing `padayatras` in Telangana currently, have no sincerity towards the region, he also charged.
Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) convener M Kodandaram alleged that neither TDP nor YSR Congress have stood by the people of Telangana sincerely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH