TRS to intensify agitation over Telangana issue: KCR
Nalgonda (AP): TRS would step up the agitation for achieving separate Telangana and try to emerge as a major political force to be able to articulate its demand forcefully, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here on Sunday.
Addressing a massive public meeting at Suryapet in Nalgonda district on Sunday night, he alleged that the Congress refused to accept separate statehood though he offered to merge his party with it.
Maintaining that Congress leaders invited him to Delhi recently for holding talks, he alleged that the ruling party did not accept the statehood demand though they initially sought to merge TRS with their party.
TRS would intensify agitation and also try to emerge as a strong political force for being able to put forth its demand with more force, he said.
"We have to fight to achieve our demand. That`s why we decided to sound the war cry from Suryapet," he said.
Hitting out at former Chief Ministers N Chandrababu Naidu and late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, he claimed that the two leaders had done injustice to Telangana during their tenure.
Telangana does not want either Naidu`s rule or Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy`s rule but its own Telangana rule, he asserted.
Naidu and Jagan`s sister Sharmila, who are doing `padayatras` in Telangana currently, have no sincerity towards the region, he also charged.
Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) convener M Kodandaram alleged that neither TDP nor YSR Congress have stood by the people of Telangana sincerely.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!