‘TRS to intensify Telangana stirs after Sankranti`
Hyderabad: Accusing the Centre of being
insensitive to the separate Telangana demand, TRS president K
Chandrasekhar Rao today said the statehood agitation would be
intensified after `Sankranti` festival this month.
"It is unfortunate that the government is insensitive to
our agitation. We have blocked roads, did fasts and a
prolonged strike. However, we will intensify the agitation
after `Sankranti` festival (mid-January)," he said.
The political Joint Action Committee (JAC) would meet
either on January 18 or 19 and prepare an action plan for the
future, he said.
The JAC comprises TRS, BJP, the pro-Telangana employees
of Andhra Pradesh government and several other people`s
The pro-Telangana employees, who struck work for over 40
days last year, are ready to go on strike again, he said.
The TRS president was speaking after releasing a diary of
the Telangana private sector employees association.
Claiming that Telangana people were not getting job
opportunities in the private industries in Hyderabad and
elsewhere in the region, he demanded that 90 per cent of the
jobs be given to natives.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and Kadapa MP Y S
Jaganmohan Reddy, who belong to non-Telangana regions, were
undertaking visits to the Telangana region only to weaken the
separate statehood agitation, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India