TRS to move no-confidence motion against AP govt
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and YSR Congress party Thursday gave separate notices for moving no-confidence motions in the assembly against the state Congress government.
TRS submitted a notice with signatures of 25 legislators to speaker N. Manohar while YSR Congress gave another notice with 18 signatures. Legislators of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), two communist parties and an independent member signed the TRS notice.
Both the parties accused the Congress government of all-round failure and contended that it has no right to continue in power. They said the people were reeling under unprecedented electricity shortage but the government was continuing to impose more burden on consumers by imposing Fuel Surcharge Adjustment (FSA).
TRS also charged the government with betraying the people of Telangana on the issue of separate statehood to the region.
Though the main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) had ruled out supporting the no-confidence motions sought to be moved by both the parties, TRS leader Etela Rajender hoped TDP will come forward to extend its support.
YSR Congress leader Shobha Nagi Reddy reminded TDP that her party had backed its no-confidence motion in December 2011 and expected its support this time. She, however, said that if TDP moved a no-confidence motion on its own, YSR Congress would support it.
In the 295-member assembly, the Congress has 147 members, one less than the simple majority. TDP has 85 members, TRS 18 (including an independent) and YSR Congress 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside