TRS to move no-confidence motion against Congress Govt
Hyderabad: Seeking to corner TDP, TRS on Friday
said it will move a no-confidence motion against the Kiran
Kumar Reddy Government in Andhra Pradesh in the coming budget
session and asked the Opposition to support it in the same.
The TRS decision has come in the wake of a war of words
between TDP and TRS. The TDP has alleged that the TRS is not
sincere in achieving separate Telangana, and had a clandestine
understanding with the Congress.
"We will move a no-confidence motion against the Congress
Government. If TDP is sincere in fighting against Congress, it
should support us," TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao told
Asked if the TRS, with a strength of 11 members can move
the no-confidence motion, he said the motion should have the
support of at least 30 MLAs and the TDP should support the
move, if it is sincere in its fight against the Congress.
By tabling the no-confidence motion, the TRS now wants
to corner TDP as the Chandrababu Naidu-led party is perceived
to be against destabilising the Congress Government at this
The TDP fears over destabilising the Kiran Reddy
Government stem from the understanding that it may not win
good number of seats if elections are held now. The Assembly
polls are, otherwise, due in 2014.
To a query Rao, however, said the no-confidence motion
is also on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray