TRS to move no-trust motion against Cong govt in AP
Hyderabad: TRS on Monday said it would move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh during the upcoming Budget session of Assembly for not accepting the separate Telangana demand.
"We will definitely move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government. They did not move to create Telangana though about 1,000 Telangana youths committed suicide for the sake of separate state," TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters after a meeting of the party MLAs here.
Besides, the Congress government has also "failed" miserably on all fronts, especially to ensure uninterrupted seven-hour power supply as promised to farmers, he said.
TRS has 17 MLAs in the Assembly and as per rules it needs backing of 13 more members to move no-trust motion.
BJP, which has three MLAs, and Nagam Janardhan Reddy, a pro-Telangana MLA, have okayed the no-trust proposal. TRS has also approached other Opposition parties - MIM (7 MLAs), CPI (4), CPM and Lok Satta (1 each) - and they have promised to get back after holding internal consultations, Rao claimed.
The TRS chief warned that his party would not allow the Assembly, whose budget session begins on March 13, to function over its separate statehood demand.
In a House of 294, Congress has 155 MLAs but eight of them have rebelled against the party. Four of the eight have submitted resignations to the Speaker.
Main Opposition TDP`s strength has come down to 77 after several of its MLAs switched loyalty to either TRS or Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends