TRS to move no-trust motion against Congress govt in AP
Hyderabad: TRS on Monday said it would move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh during the upcoming Budget session of Assembly for not accepting the separate Telangana demand.
"We will definitely move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government. They did not move to create Telangana though about 1,000 Telangana youths committed suicide for the sake of separate state," TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters after a meeting of the party MLAs here.
Besides, the Congress government has also "failed" miserably on all fronts, especially to ensure uninterrupted seven-hour power supply as promised to farmers, he said.
TRS has 17 MLAs in the Assembly and as per rules it needs backing of 13 more members to move no-trust motion.
BJP, which has three MLAs, and Nagam Janardhan Reddy, a pro-Telangana MLA, have okayed the no-trust proposal. TRS has also approached other Opposition parties - MIM (7 MLAs), CPI (4), CPM and Lok Satta (1 each) - and they have promised to get back after holding internal consultations, Rao claimed.
The TRS chief warned that his party would not allow the Assembly, whose budget session begins on March 13, to function over its separate statehood demand.
In a House of 294, Congress has 155 MLAs but eight of them have rebelled against the party. Four of the eight have submitted resignations to the Speaker.
Main Opposition TDP`s strength has come down to 77 after several of its MLAs switched loyalty to either TRS or Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media