TRS to stay away from AP Assembly till March 18 bypolls
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) legislators have decided to stay away from the ongoing Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly till March 18 when by-elections to six Assembly seats in Telangana region (and one more in coastal Andhra) will be held.
"We will take the Telangana (statehood) issue in the people`s court," senior TRS MLA T Harish Rao told newspersons at Janagaon today while announcing the decision.
TRS had disrupted proceedings of the Assembly for four days, since the Budget session began on February 13, demanding that the House pass a resolution seeking creation of Telangana state.
Subsequently, the Opposition party`s legislators were suspended from the House for a day on February 17 and later for two days on February 22 and 23 as they continued with their protest.
The TRS has 12 MLAs besides an associate member.
"The ruling party has suspended us from the House using its power but people of Telangana will suspend the Congress from the region itself as it betrayed them on the statehood issue. The Congress and TDP have no right to seek votes in Telangana," Rao said.
The Assembly segments facing bypolls are Adilabad, Nagarkurnool, Kollapur, Station Ghanpur, Kamareddy, Mahabubnagar (all in Telangana) and Kovur (coastal Andhra).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself