TRS urges Andhra Governor to sack CM
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Wednesday urged Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan to dismiss Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for his bias towards one region.
A delegation of TRS leaders called on the Governor and submitted a memorandum, urging him to sack the Chief Minister and recommend the President`s Rule. They said the administration has come to a standstill in the state.
TRS floor leader in state Assembly E Rajender told reporters after the meeting that they conveyed to the Governor the Chief Minister had been trying to stall formation of Telangana state by sending false reports to the Centre.
The TRS leaders drew Governor`s attention towards the allegation by former director general of police V Dinesh Reddy that the Chief Minister tried to put pressure on him to say that Maoists would become stronger if Telangana becomes a separate state.
They said the Chief Minister was acting as a leader of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra) and had failed to take steps to deal with the strike by government employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees