TRS urges Andhra Governor to sack CM
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Wednesday urged Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan to dismiss Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for his bias towards one region.
A delegation of TRS leaders called on the Governor and submitted a memorandum, urging him to sack the Chief Minister and recommend the President`s Rule. They said the administration has come to a standstill in the state.
TRS floor leader in state Assembly E Rajender told reporters after the meeting that they conveyed to the Governor the Chief Minister had been trying to stall formation of Telangana state by sending false reports to the Centre.
The TRS leaders drew Governor`s attention towards the allegation by former director general of police V Dinesh Reddy that the Chief Minister tried to put pressure on him to say that Maoists would become stronger if Telangana becomes a separate state.
They said the Chief Minister was acting as a leader of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra) and had failed to take steps to deal with the strike by government employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?