TRS urges Andhra Governor to sack CM
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Wednesday urged Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan to dismiss Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for his bias towards one region.
A delegation of TRS leaders called on the Governor and submitted a memorandum, urging him to sack the Chief Minister and recommend the President`s Rule. They said the administration has come to a standstill in the state.
TRS floor leader in state Assembly E Rajender told reporters after the meeting that they conveyed to the Governor the Chief Minister had been trying to stall formation of Telangana state by sending false reports to the Centre.
The TRS leaders drew Governor`s attention towards the allegation by former director general of police V Dinesh Reddy that the Chief Minister tried to put pressure on him to say that Maoists would become stronger if Telangana becomes a separate state.
They said the Chief Minister was acting as a leader of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra) and had failed to take steps to deal with the strike by government employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS