TRS urges Andhra Governor to sack CM
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Wednesday urged Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan to dismiss Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for his bias towards one region.
A delegation of TRS leaders called on the Governor and submitted a memorandum, urging him to sack the Chief Minister and recommend the President`s Rule. They said the administration has come to a standstill in the state.
TRS floor leader in state Assembly E Rajender told reporters after the meeting that they conveyed to the Governor the Chief Minister had been trying to stall formation of Telangana state by sending false reports to the Centre.
The TRS leaders drew Governor`s attention towards the allegation by former director general of police V Dinesh Reddy that the Chief Minister tried to put pressure on him to say that Maoists would become stronger if Telangana becomes a separate state.
They said the Chief Minister was acting as a leader of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra) and had failed to take steps to deal with the strike by government employees.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!
- Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1