TRS wants immediate debate on Telangana bill in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh Assembly should take up a debate on the Telangana bill immediately in the ongoing winter session.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of his party MLAs, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here that other business and rules should be suspended to take up the debate tomorrow.
The bill was sent to the Assembly by President and it should not be dishonoured, he said.
The demand of the TRS came amid a tug of war in the Legislative Assembly with the MLAs from Telangana and Seemandhra making opposite demands.
The Telangana members seek an immediate debate on the bill, while their Seemandhra counterparts feel there is no urgency as the President gave time till January 23 for the legislature to return the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal