TRS wants immediate debate on Telangana bill in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh Assembly should take up a debate on the Telangana bill immediately in the ongoing winter session.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of his party MLAs, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here that other business and rules should be suspended to take up the debate tomorrow.
The bill was sent to the Assembly by President and it should not be dishonoured, he said.
The demand of the TRS came amid a tug of war in the Legislative Assembly with the MLAs from Telangana and Seemandhra making opposite demands.
The Telangana members seek an immediate debate on the bill, while their Seemandhra counterparts feel there is no urgency as the President gave time till January 23 for the legislature to return the bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket