TRS wants immediate debate on Telangana bill in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh Assembly should take up a debate on the Telangana bill immediately in the ongoing winter session.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of his party MLAs, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters here that other business and rules should be suspended to take up the debate tomorrow.
The bill was sent to the Assembly by President and it should not be dishonoured, he said.
The demand of the TRS came amid a tug of war in the Legislative Assembly with the MLAs from Telangana and Seemandhra making opposite demands.
The Telangana members seek an immediate debate on the bill, while their Seemandhra counterparts feel there is no urgency as the President gave time till January 23 for the legislature to return the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter