TRS warns non-cooperation movement for separate Telangana
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
on Tuesday said his party would begin a "non-cooperation movement"
to achieve separate Telangana after the Sri Krishna Committee
submits its report to the Centre by the end of the year.
"We will wait for about 10 days after the Sri Krishna
committee submits its report. Then we will adopt a
non-cooperation movement in the path shown by Mahatma Gandhi.
We will see that the government comes to a standstill and not
even an ant moves," he said, addressing a gathering at the
The TRS president has spoken several times about adopting
the "non-cooperation movement" and a "Gujjar-type" agitation
to achieve the separate statehood goal after the Sri Krishna
committee submits its report.
The `Telangana Maha Sakti Pradarsana` public meeting
planned to be held on December 9 by the TRS would send a
"warning" to the Centre on the demand for separate Telangana,
It was on December 9 last year that the Centre had
announced that steps would be taken for the formation of the
Meanwhile, Manda Krishna Madiga, leader of Madiga
Reservation Porata Samiti (MRPS), an outfit that fights for
categorisation of Scheduled Castes, met Rao here today.
The meeting assumes significance as Krishna Madiga had
lambasted the TRS president earlier for allegedly insulting
him at a public meeting and on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale