TRS warns to bring Hyderabad to halt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtriya Samiti on Tuesday threatened to bring the Andhra Pradesh state capital to a halt if the Centre did not grant statehood to Telangana by January 28.
"Those opposing the creation of Telangana state should remember that the State Road Transport Corporation, the electricity department and the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation are in our hands. Garbage will not be lifted and there will be no power supply. Buses will not run either," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said, releasing the diary of GHMC employees here.
The Centre should take a favourable decision on Telangana as promised by January 28th, Rao demanded.
"We have nothing against common people of Andhra-Rayalaseema regions. We are only opposed to those who want to boss over us," he said, adding that they were seeking a harmonious separation of the two regions.
The threat to disrupt power supply had earlier been issued by the Telangana Electricity Employees Association as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror