TRS warns to bring Hyderabad to halt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtriya Samiti on Tuesday threatened to bring the Andhra Pradesh state capital to a halt if the Centre did not grant statehood to Telangana by January 28.
"Those opposing the creation of Telangana state should remember that the State Road Transport Corporation, the electricity department and the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation are in our hands. Garbage will not be lifted and there will be no power supply. Buses will not run either," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said, releasing the diary of GHMC employees here.
The Centre should take a favourable decision on Telangana as promised by January 28th, Rao demanded.
"We have nothing against common people of Andhra-Rayalaseema regions. We are only opposed to those who want to boss over us," he said, adding that they were seeking a harmonious separation of the two regions.
The threat to disrupt power supply had earlier been issued by the Telangana Electricity Employees Association as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees