TRS warns to bring Hyderabad to halt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtriya Samiti on Tuesday threatened to bring the Andhra Pradesh state capital to a halt if the Centre did not grant statehood to Telangana by January 28.
"Those opposing the creation of Telangana state should remember that the State Road Transport Corporation, the electricity department and the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation are in our hands. Garbage will not be lifted and there will be no power supply. Buses will not run either," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said, releasing the diary of GHMC employees here.
The Centre should take a favourable decision on Telangana as promised by January 28th, Rao demanded.
"We have nothing against common people of Andhra-Rayalaseema regions. We are only opposed to those who want to boss over us," he said, adding that they were seeking a harmonious separation of the two regions.
The threat to disrupt power supply had earlier been issued by the Telangana Electricity Employees Association as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast