TRS warns to bring Hyderabad to halt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtriya Samiti on Tuesday threatened to bring the Andhra Pradesh state capital to a halt if the Centre did not grant statehood to Telangana by January 28.
"Those opposing the creation of Telangana state should remember that the State Road Transport Corporation, the electricity department and the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation are in our hands. Garbage will not be lifted and there will be no power supply. Buses will not run either," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said, releasing the diary of GHMC employees here.
The Centre should take a favourable decision on Telangana as promised by January 28th, Rao demanded.
"We have nothing against common people of Andhra-Rayalaseema regions. We are only opposed to those who want to boss over us," he said, adding that they were seeking a harmonious separation of the two regions.
The threat to disrupt power supply had earlier been issued by the Telangana Electricity Employees Association as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha over attack on women in Madhya Pradesh for carrying beef