TRS warns to bring Hyderabad to halt over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtriya Samiti on Tuesday threatened to bring the Andhra Pradesh state capital to a halt if the Centre did not grant statehood to Telangana by January 28.
"Those opposing the creation of Telangana state should remember that the State Road Transport Corporation, the electricity department and the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation are in our hands. Garbage will not be lifted and there will be no power supply. Buses will not run either," TRS MLA T Harish Rao said, releasing the diary of GHMC employees here.
The Centre should take a favourable decision on Telangana as promised by January 28th, Rao demanded.
"We have nothing against common people of Andhra-Rayalaseema regions. We are only opposed to those who want to boss over us," he said, adding that they were seeking a harmonious separation of the two regions.
The threat to disrupt power supply had earlier been issued by the Telangana Electricity Employees Association as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert