TRS writes to President over power "loss" to Telangana
Hyderabad: TRS on Tuesday complained to President Pranab Mukherjee about alleged loss caused to Telangana on the energy front in the division of Andhra Pradesh and about certain villages facing submergence due to a multi-purpose irrigation project being given to Seemandhra.
In a letter to the President, TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao expressed concern over reduced share of power for Telangana from central generating stations and "taking away" the hydro-power station at Lower Sileru through a proposed Ordinance.
He was also concerned about seven mandals (blocks) being "excised" from Telangana due to the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Separately, Rao urged Governor E S L Narasimhan to provide relief to the farmers in Telangana who suffered crop losses due to unseasonal rains.
The TRS chief had yesterday ruled out merger of his party with Congress and appointed a committee to look into the issue of alliances in upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez