TRS writes to President over power "loss" to Telangana
Hyderabad: TRS on Tuesday complained to President Pranab Mukherjee about alleged loss caused to Telangana on the energy front in the division of Andhra Pradesh and about certain villages facing submergence due to a multi-purpose irrigation project being given to Seemandhra.
In a letter to the President, TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao expressed concern over reduced share of power for Telangana from central generating stations and "taking away" the hydro-power station at Lower Sileru through a proposed Ordinance.
He was also concerned about seven mandals (blocks) being "excised" from Telangana due to the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Separately, Rao urged Governor E S L Narasimhan to provide relief to the farmers in Telangana who suffered crop losses due to unseasonal rains.
The TRS chief had yesterday ruled out merger of his party with Congress and appointed a committee to look into the issue of alliances in upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt