TRS writes to President over power "loss" to Telangana
Hyderabad: TRS on Tuesday complained to President Pranab Mukherjee about alleged loss caused to Telangana on the energy front in the division of Andhra Pradesh and about certain villages facing submergence due to a multi-purpose irrigation project being given to Seemandhra.
In a letter to the President, TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao expressed concern over reduced share of power for Telangana from central generating stations and "taking away" the hydro-power station at Lower Sileru through a proposed Ordinance.
He was also concerned about seven mandals (blocks) being "excised" from Telangana due to the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Separately, Rao urged Governor E S L Narasimhan to provide relief to the farmers in Telangana who suffered crop losses due to unseasonal rains.
The TRS chief had yesterday ruled out merger of his party with Congress and appointed a committee to look into the issue of alliances in upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note