TRS, YSR Congress Party give notices for no-trust motion against Andhra govt
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti and YSR Congress Party on Thursday gave separate notices in the Legislative Assembly for a no-confidence motion against ruling Congress government in Andhra Pradesh.
K Chandrasekhar Rao-led TRS has 17 MLAs in 294-member House and is banking on the support of CPI, BJP, Lok Satta Party and some Independents.
To a query if the party has the backing of 30 MLAs, the required minimum number needed to introduce the no-confidence motion, TRS MLA T Harish Rao replied in the affirmative.
Separately, YSRCP, which has 17 MLAs, also submitted its notice to the Speaker.
YSRCP MLA Shobha Nagireddy said, "Her party is ready to extend support to whoever moves the no-confidence motion on people`s problems".
Meanwhile, the Assembly was adjourned for an hour, minutes after the session began as Opposition members trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city