TRS, YSR Congress want to destabilise AP government: CM
Mahabubnagar: Alleging that the TRS and the YSR Congress wanted to destabilise the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday expressed confidence that his government will complete its full term.
"People elected the Congress government for five years. None can bring it down. I am not someone to be cowed down. I will be more strong if anyone tries to come between people and the Congress government," he asserted while speaking at Mandipalli village in Mahabubnagar district after inaugurating `Revenue Sadassulu` (revenue conventions), intended to address various revenue-related issues in villages quickly.
Reddy was referring to TRS` decision to move a no-confidence motion against his government during the budget session of the Assembly beginning tomorrow. Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress has decided to support the motion.
Highlighting the Congress victory in the recent cooperative election, he charged that the TRS and the YSRCP wanted to destabilise the four-year-old government out of fear of being routed in the ensuing Panchayat, Zilla Parishad and municipality polls.
In an indirect reference to TRS President K Chandrasekhara Rao, who is a Lok Sabha member from Mahabubnagar, Reddy alleged that the MP hardly visited his constituency.
"As Chief Minister, I have to tour 294 Assembly constituencies. Still, I visited Mahabubnagar district at least seven-eight times. How many times your MP has visited? You know very well," Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble