TRS, YSR Congress want to destabilise AP government: CM
Mahabubnagar: Alleging that the TRS and the YSR Congress wanted to destabilise the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday expressed confidence that his government will complete its full term.
"People elected the Congress government for five years. None can bring it down. I am not someone to be cowed down. I will be more strong if anyone tries to come between people and the Congress government," he asserted while speaking at Mandipalli village in Mahabubnagar district after inaugurating `Revenue Sadassulu` (revenue conventions), intended to address various revenue-related issues in villages quickly.
Reddy was referring to TRS` decision to move a no-confidence motion against his government during the budget session of the Assembly beginning tomorrow. Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress has decided to support the motion.
Highlighting the Congress victory in the recent cooperative election, he charged that the TRS and the YSRCP wanted to destabilise the four-year-old government out of fear of being routed in the ensuing Panchayat, Zilla Parishad and municipality polls.
In an indirect reference to TRS President K Chandrasekhara Rao, who is a Lok Sabha member from Mahabubnagar, Reddy alleged that the MP hardly visited his constituency.
"As Chief Minister, I have to tour 294 Assembly constituencies. Still, I visited Mahabubnagar district at least seven-eight times. How many times your MP has visited? You know very well," Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days