Truck falls into AP lake, three killed
Markapuram: Three persons were killed in Peddaviradu mandal in Prakasam district on Saturday when truck carrying cement fell into a lake, police said.
G Ramanjaneyulu, DSP Markapur, said the truck driver lost control of the vehicle trying to avoid collision with an auto-rickshaw coming from the opposite direction.
Ten people were travelling in the truck.
While a body was recovered and another two could be seen floating on the water, others were missing, the DSP said.
A woman and a girl who were injured in the accident were admitted to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge