Tuki asks PM to enhance plan assistance of AP
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Monday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to enhance the plan assistance of the state besides drawing his attention to development of border areas.
Tuki called on Singh at his parliament office today and discussed various issues related to increasing the plan assistance of the state and law and order, official sources said.
The CM also took up the issues like development of border areas and improvement of hydro-power transmission and distribution scenario in the state, they said.
While reminding Singh of the memorandum for four special projects submitted in December last year, Tuki also informed him of the status of various projects in the state under the PM`s economic package and other reform measures being implemented by the state government, they said.
He also asked Singh to urgently consider opening of border trade and connectivity routes to Myanmar and Bhutan through Pangsau Pass and Tawang, respectively.
The Prime Minister assured to look into the genuine demands of the state positively.
Singh also assured to consider the state government`s request for providing drinking water facilities in border blocks under National Rural Drinking Water Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery