Two African nationals arrested for possessing cocaine
Hyderabad: Two African nationals were today arrested on charges of drug peddling and 9 grams of cocaine was seized from their possession, police said
Accused Dutun Akingola of Nigeria and Collins Ochieng alias Colo of Kenya, both businessmen, were nabbed by a special city police team at Banjara Hills here, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told reporters.
Police seized 9 grams of cocaine from the duo which they were selling to needy customers between Rs 7,000-10,000 per gram. Both of them were previously arrested on several occasions on charge of selling narcotics to customers in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the DCP said.
Akingola came on business visa to India in 2008 and in the guise of business he was supplying cocaine to popular personalities and celebrities here and his passport was also seized by the Nampally court after he was arrested in 2011, the senior police officer said.
While Colo was staying illegally in the city since 1998, though he was arrested in 2010 and 2012 on charge of drug peddling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city