Two African nationals arrested for possessing cocaine
Hyderabad: Two African nationals were today arrested on charges of drug peddling and 9 grams of cocaine was seized from their possession, police said
Accused Dutun Akingola of Nigeria and Collins Ochieng alias Colo of Kenya, both businessmen, were nabbed by a special city police team at Banjara Hills here, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told reporters.
Police seized 9 grams of cocaine from the duo which they were selling to needy customers between Rs 7,000-10,000 per gram. Both of them were previously arrested on several occasions on charge of selling narcotics to customers in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the DCP said.
Akingola came on business visa to India in 2008 and in the guise of business he was supplying cocaine to popular personalities and celebrities here and his passport was also seized by the Nampally court after he was arrested in 2011, the senior police officer said.
While Colo was staying illegally in the city since 1998, though he was arrested in 2010 and 2012 on charge of drug peddling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?