Two African nationals arrested for possessing cocaine
Hyderabad: Two African nationals were today arrested on charges of drug peddling and 9 grams of cocaine was seized from their possession, police said
Accused Dutun Akingola of Nigeria and Collins Ochieng alias Colo of Kenya, both businessmen, were nabbed by a special city police team at Banjara Hills here, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told reporters.
Police seized 9 grams of cocaine from the duo which they were selling to needy customers between Rs 7,000-10,000 per gram. Both of them were previously arrested on several occasions on charge of selling narcotics to customers in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the DCP said.
Akingola came on business visa to India in 2008 and in the guise of business he was supplying cocaine to popular personalities and celebrities here and his passport was also seized by the Nampally court after he was arrested in 2011, the senior police officer said.
While Colo was staying illegally in the city since 1998, though he was arrested in 2010 and 2012 on charge of drug peddling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues