Two Andhra girls "mortgaged" for non-payment of loan rescued
Karimnagar: Two minor girls, who were "mortgaged" to a man by their parents after they were unable to repay a loan amount of Rs 34,000 taken from him, were rescued by police in Maithapur village, police said on Saturday.
Accused N Jehangir, a black-smith, allegedly sexually abused one of the girls, besides engaging both of them as labourers, they said.
Following a complaint, he was arrested yesterday and remanded to judicial custody.
The torture began after Babulal took loan of Rs 34,000 from Jehangir, who is a distant relative, about six months ago. However, finding it difficult to repay the amount he kept his two daughters aged 14 and 5 years, with the accused as "security" a few months ago, police said quoting the complaint.
Jehangir, who visits nearby villages as part of his work took the two girls with him and allegedly employed them as labourers. Besides, he allegedly sexually abused the 14-year-old girl, they said.
Some villagers, who noticed the girls engaged as labourers, alerted the police which rescued them.
Jehangir was booked under sections 342 (wrongful confinement) and 354 (criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of IPC, besides under relevant sections of Bonded Labour Abolition Act, Raikal Sub-Inspector Koteshwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar