Two arrested for gang-raping mentally ill beggar; 1 absconding
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old mentally disabled woman was allegedly gang-raped by three youngsters near Jalaripeta area in the city, police said on Wednesday.
The police have arrested two of the accused for allegedly raping a mentally-ill beggar for the past few days. The third accused is yet to be nabbed, police said.
Police said the victim had been staying on the footpath near the naval canteen for the past few weeks and the accused had been raping her during the night hours.
Some auto-rickshaw drivers, who noticed the heinous crime on Sunday night, alerted a police patrol, but the accused fled the spot.
However, two of them were arrested after a tip-off last evening, while a manhunt is on to nab the absconder.
One Town police station inspector Syed Mohammad Illiyas said a case under Section 376 (D) of the Indian Penal Code had been registered and an investigation is on.
He said the victim had been medically examined and reports were awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan