Two arrested for gang-raping mentally ill beggar; 1 absconding
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old mentally disabled woman was allegedly gang-raped by three youngsters near Jalaripeta area in the city, police said on Wednesday.
The police have arrested two of the accused for allegedly raping a mentally-ill beggar for the past few days. The third accused is yet to be nabbed, police said.
Police said the victim had been staying on the footpath near the naval canteen for the past few weeks and the accused had been raping her during the night hours.
Some auto-rickshaw drivers, who noticed the heinous crime on Sunday night, alerted a police patrol, but the accused fled the spot.
However, two of them were arrested after a tip-off last evening, while a manhunt is on to nab the absconder.
One Town police station inspector Syed Mohammad Illiyas said a case under Section 376 (D) of the Indian Penal Code had been registered and an investigation is on.
He said the victim had been medically examined and reports were awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'