Two arrested for Hyderabad gold robbery
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police Wednesday arrested two people and recovered one kilogram gold a few hours after two Mumbai brothers were robbed of five kilograms of gold, police said.
Both the accused are also from Mumbai while the police are still on the lookout for the third accused and four kilograms of gold, police sources said.
Three youngsters on a motorcycle attacked two jewellers Tuesday night and snatched a bag containing gold ornaments weighing five kilograms at Gunfoundry area in Abids, a major commercial centre here.
As the jewellers, Rakesh and Sonu, were waiting for an autorickshaw after coming out of a jewellery shop, three robbers allegedly attacked them.
One of them attacked Rakesh with a knife, inflicting injuries while the others snatched a bag from his brother Sonu.
The robbers sped away, police said.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner A.K. Khan told reporters that the two merchants were going to different shops in the city to sell the ornaments.
This was the second robbery in the busy Abids area after a jeweller was robbed of two kilograms gold ornaments in broad daylight in front of Abids police station May 20.
Taking a serious note of the robberies, the police commissioner Tuesday night suspended Abids police inspector K. Shiva Kumar and issued a charge memo to Abids Assistant Commissioner of Police P.V.G.Vijay Kumar for alleged negligence in discharge of duties.
Meanwhile, during the overnight raids, police recovered eight kilograms gold from a hotel in Ameerpet area and arrested one person. Police were questioning him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble