Two arrested for Hyderabad gold robbery
Hyderabad: Hyderabad police Wednesday arrested two people and recovered one kilogram gold a few hours after two Mumbai brothers were robbed of five kilograms of gold, police said.
Both the accused are also from Mumbai while the police are still on the lookout for the third accused and four kilograms of gold, police sources said.
Three youngsters on a motorcycle attacked two jewellers Tuesday night and snatched a bag containing gold ornaments weighing five kilograms at Gunfoundry area in Abids, a major commercial centre here.
As the jewellers, Rakesh and Sonu, were waiting for an autorickshaw after coming out of a jewellery shop, three robbers allegedly attacked them.
One of them attacked Rakesh with a knife, inflicting injuries while the others snatched a bag from his brother Sonu.
The robbers sped away, police said.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner A.K. Khan told reporters that the two merchants were going to different shops in the city to sell the ornaments.
This was the second robbery in the busy Abids area after a jeweller was robbed of two kilograms gold ornaments in broad daylight in front of Abids police station May 20.
Taking a serious note of the robberies, the police commissioner Tuesday night suspended Abids police inspector K. Shiva Kumar and issued a charge memo to Abids Assistant Commissioner of Police P.V.G.Vijay Kumar for alleged negligence in discharge of duties.
Meanwhile, during the overnight raids, police recovered eight kilograms gold from a hotel in Ameerpet area and arrested one person. Police were questioning him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’