Two children die in suspected case of food-poisoni
Machilipatnam (AP): In a suspected case of food-poisoning, two siblings died after consuming chocolate and egg curry here, police said.
The incident took place last evening at Devarakota village of Ghdantasala Mandal of Krishna district, they said.
The deceased have been identified as six-year-old Saisrinivas and four-year-old Deepika. They had bought the chocolate from a roadside kiosk while returning from a school.
After consuming the chocolate and the egg curry at their home, they fell unconscious. The boy died on way to a hospital, while the girl died during treatment at Vijayawada Government Hospital this morning, they added.
The eatables have been sent to laboratory for testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena