Two Cong legislators quit in support of Telangana
Hyderabad: Two Congress MLAs - Konda
Surekha and Kunja Sathyavathi – on Tuesday submitted their
resignations from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly demanding
creation of Telangana state.
The duo met Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram
and handed over their resignation in sealed covers.
The two were submitting resignations for the second
time on the statehood issue after their earlier resignations
in July were rejected by Assembly speaker Nadendla Manohar.
Surekha and Sathyavathi resigned from the Congress
party last month and had been sailing with YSR Congress.
Another MLA Jayasudha, however, did not turn up as her mother
was set to be indisposed.
Surekha is facing disqualification proceedings as
she defied the Congress party to align with Kadapa MP Y S
With the resignation of these two MLAs the total
number of MLAs who resigned for Telangana increased to 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up