Two Congress leaders from Seemandhra join TDP
Hyderabad: In a continued migration of Seemandhra Congress leaders to Telugu Desam Party, a former minister and an MLA joined the regional party on Sunday.
Satrucharla Vijayarama Raju, who was Minister for Forests in the Congress government led by N Kiran Kumar Reddy, and MLA Janardhan Thatraj, joined TDP in the presence of its president N Chandrababu Naidu here.
"An experienced leader like Naidu was best suited to ensure comprehensive development in the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh," Raju told reporters after a meeting with the TDP president.
Facing flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, a number of Congress leaders in Seemandhra, including former ministers and MLAs, have quit the national party in protest against the passage of Telangana bill in Parliament.
The former ministers who quit Congress to join TDP include Ganta Srinivasa Rao, T G Venkatesh, E Pratap Reddy and Galla Aruna Kumari.
Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi Venkata Ramana are the former ministers who joined YSR Congress.
Former Union Minister D Purandeswari left Congress to join BJP, while MP Ananta Venkatarami Reddy joined YSRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray