Two Congress leaders from Seemandhra join TDP
Hyderabad: In a continued migration of Seemandhra Congress leaders to Telugu Desam Party, a former minister and an MLA joined the regional party on Sunday.
Satrucharla Vijayarama Raju, who was Minister for Forests in the Congress government led by N Kiran Kumar Reddy, and MLA Janardhan Thatraj, joined TDP in the presence of its president N Chandrababu Naidu here.
"An experienced leader like Naidu was best suited to ensure comprehensive development in the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh," Raju told reporters after a meeting with the TDP president.
Facing flak for the "unilateral" bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, a number of Congress leaders in Seemandhra, including former ministers and MLAs, have quit the national party in protest against the passage of Telangana bill in Parliament.
The former ministers who quit Congress to join TDP include Ganta Srinivasa Rao, T G Venkatesh, E Pratap Reddy and Galla Aruna Kumari.
Dharmana Prasada Rao and Mopidevi Venkata Ramana are the former ministers who joined YSR Congress.
Former Union Minister D Purandeswari left Congress to join BJP, while MP Ananta Venkatarami Reddy joined YSRC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab