Two Congress MLAs quit in support of Telangana
Hyderabad: Two Congress MLAs -- Konda
Surekha and Kunja Sathyavathi – on Tuesday submitted their
resignations from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly demanding
creation of Telangana state.
The duo met Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram
and handed over their resignation in sealed covers.
The two were submitting resignations for the second
time on the statehood issue after their earlier resignations
in July were rejected by Assembly speaker Nadendla Manohar.
Surekha and Sathyavathi resigned from the Congress
party last month and had been sailing with YSR Congress.
Another MLA Jayasudha, however, did not turn up as her mother
was set to be indisposed.
Surekha is facing disqualification proceedings as
she defied the Congress party to align with Kadapa MP Y S
With the resignation of these two MLAs the total
number of MLAs who resigned for Telangana increased to 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced