Two Congress MLAs quit in support of Telangana
Hyderabad: Two Congress MLAs -- Konda
Surekha and Kunja Sathyavathi – on Tuesday submitted their
resignations from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly demanding
creation of Telangana state.
The duo met Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram
and handed over their resignation in sealed covers.
The two were submitting resignations for the second
time on the statehood issue after their earlier resignations
in July were rejected by Assembly speaker Nadendla Manohar.
Surekha and Sathyavathi resigned from the Congress
party last month and had been sailing with YSR Congress.
Another MLA Jayasudha, however, did not turn up as her mother
was set to be indisposed.
Surekha is facing disqualification proceedings as
she defied the Congress party to align with Kadapa MP Y S
With the resignation of these two MLAs the total
number of MLAs who resigned for Telangana increased to 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary