Two cops slug it out during Holi in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A head-constable, his son, and a homeguard were injured in a fight during Holi revelery at Chilkalguda in Hyderabad on Wednesday.
The constable and the homeguard were allegedly drunk. Head Constable Om Prakash, attached to Organisation to Counter Terrorist Operations (OCTOPUS), reportedly teased homeguard Venkatswamy, working with Hyderabad Traffic Police, and his friends while playing Holi at Ambarnagar.
"They had a heated argument. Later, the homeguard pushed Om Prakash to the ground and beat him up. Then constable`s son hit Venkatswamy.
Venkatswamy`s friends then pounced on the constable`s son, who, in turn, again hit the former.
All the three suffered minor injuries. Cases of assault have beeing lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home