Two cops slug it out during Holi in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A head-constable, his son, and a homeguard were injured in a fight during Holi revelery at Chilkalguda in Hyderabad on Wednesday.
The constable and the homeguard were allegedly drunk. Head Constable Om Prakash, attached to Organisation to Counter Terrorist Operations (OCTOPUS), reportedly teased homeguard Venkatswamy, working with Hyderabad Traffic Police, and his friends while playing Holi at Ambarnagar.
"They had a heated argument. Later, the homeguard pushed Om Prakash to the ground and beat him up. Then constable`s son hit Venkatswamy.
Venkatswamy`s friends then pounced on the constable`s son, who, in turn, again hit the former.
All the three suffered minor injuries. Cases of assault have beeing lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon