Two cops slug it out during Holi in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A head-constable, his son, and a homeguard were injured in a fight during Holi revelery at Chilkalguda in Hyderabad on Wednesday.
The constable and the homeguard were allegedly drunk. Head Constable Om Prakash, attached to Organisation to Counter Terrorist Operations (OCTOPUS), reportedly teased homeguard Venkatswamy, working with Hyderabad Traffic Police, and his friends while playing Holi at Ambarnagar.
"They had a heated argument. Later, the homeguard pushed Om Prakash to the ground and beat him up. Then constable`s son hit Venkatswamy.
Venkatswamy`s friends then pounced on the constable`s son, who, in turn, again hit the former.
All the three suffered minor injuries. Cases of assault have beeing lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation