Two fasting TDP leaders shifted to hospital
Hyderabad: TDP legislator D Umamaheswara
Rao and another party leader, who are on an indefinite fast in
Vijaywada, seeking a unified Andhra Pradesh, were today
forcibly shifted to a hospital by the police amidst high
As soon as the police arrived on the spot, the MLA and
another TDP leader B Umamaheswara Rao, who have been fasting
for last five days, went inside a guest house this morning.
The police move to foil the fast was resisted by a
large number of TDP leaders and activists, who gathered at the
place and high drama was witnessed as the two leaders locked
themselves inside the guest house and refused to come out.
However, police broke open the doors and shifted the
fasting leaders to the government general hospital in
Police cane charged the slogan-shouting TDP workers
and united Andhra Pradesh supporters at the guesthouse.
The TDP MLA, however, asserted that he would continue
his fast-unto-death in the hospital.
Protesting the police action, supporters of the TDP
MLA called for a shut down at Nandigama assembly constituency
represented by him.
Several government and private offices and banks
remained closed in Vijayawada.
Earlier, police shifted another TDP MLA Ch
Ramakotaiah, who also began fasting with the duo, to hospital
following which he has called off his hunger strike last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark