Two fasting TDP leaders shifted to hospital
Hyderabad: TDP legislator D Umamaheswara
Rao and another party leader, who are on an indefinite fast in
Vijaywada, seeking a unified Andhra Pradesh, were today
forcibly shifted to a hospital by the police amidst high
As soon as the police arrived on the spot, the MLA and
another TDP leader B Umamaheswara Rao, who have been fasting
for last five days, went inside a guest house this morning.
The police move to foil the fast was resisted by a
large number of TDP leaders and activists, who gathered at the
place and high drama was witnessed as the two leaders locked
themselves inside the guest house and refused to come out.
However, police broke open the doors and shifted the
fasting leaders to the government general hospital in
Police cane charged the slogan-shouting TDP workers
and united Andhra Pradesh supporters at the guesthouse.
The TDP MLA, however, asserted that he would continue
his fast-unto-death in the hospital.
Protesting the police action, supporters of the TDP
MLA called for a shut down at Nandigama assembly constituency
represented by him.
Several government and private offices and banks
remained closed in Vijayawada.
Earlier, police shifted another TDP MLA Ch
Ramakotaiah, who also began fasting with the duo, to hospital
following which he has called off his hunger strike last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands