Two foresters suspended for aiding gang in `sambar` killing
Rajahmundry: Two officials of Andhra
Pradesh Forest Department have been suspended for allegedly
eating the flesh of `sambar`, a protected animal, and
assisting a criminal gang, an official said.
District Forest Officer Raghavaiah told PTI that D
Mohan, a Section Officer and Nukaraju, a Field Officer, were
appointed on `beat duty` at Alayapakala village in the
district to protect wild animals from the clutches of
The duo faced suspension when it was discovered that
they ate flesh of a `sambar` and assisted an animal smuggling
gang in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama