Two foresters suspended for aiding gang in `sambar` killing
Rajahmundry: Two officials of Andhra
Pradesh Forest Department have been suspended for allegedly
eating the flesh of `sambar`, a protected animal, and
assisting a criminal gang, an official said.
District Forest Officer Raghavaiah told PTI that D
Mohan, a Section Officer and Nukaraju, a Field Officer, were
appointed on `beat duty` at Alayapakala village in the
district to protect wild animals from the clutches of
The duo faced suspension when it was discovered that
they ate flesh of a `sambar` and assisted an animal smuggling
gang in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi