Two foresters suspended for aiding gang in `sambar` killing
Rajahmundry: Two officials of Andhra
Pradesh Forest Department have been suspended for allegedly
eating the flesh of `sambar`, a protected animal, and
assisting a criminal gang, an official said.
District Forest Officer Raghavaiah told PTI that D
Mohan, a Section Officer and Nukaraju, a Field Officer, were
appointed on `beat duty` at Alayapakala village in the
district to protect wild animals from the clutches of
The duo faced suspension when it was discovered that
they ate flesh of a `sambar` and assisted an animal smuggling
gang in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?