Two foresters suspended for aiding gang in `sambar` killing
Rajahmundry: Two officials of Andhra
Pradesh Forest Department have been suspended for allegedly
eating the flesh of `sambar`, a protected animal, and
assisting a criminal gang, an official said.
District Forest Officer Raghavaiah told PTI that D
Mohan, a Section Officer and Nukaraju, a Field Officer, were
appointed on `beat duty` at Alayapakala village in the
district to protect wild animals from the clutches of
The duo faced suspension when it was discovered that
they ate flesh of a `sambar` and assisted an animal smuggling
gang in the area, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India