Two govt employees among 3 held in separate briber
Hyderabad: ACB has arrested three persons, including a Deputy Commercial Tax officer, in two bribery cases here and in the neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
Munimandla Vijay Kumar, Deputy Commercial Tax Officer of Charminar Circle was caught red-handed by the ACB officials late last night at his office when he demanded and accepted an amount of Rs 50,000 as bribe from the complainant for doing an official favour of giving favourable audit report, an ACB release said here today.
After the bribe amount was recovered from Vijay Kumar, he was arrested and would be produced before the Principal Special Judge for ACB cases here.
In another case, Sub-Registrar V Narender Reddy and Senior Assistant R Suresh at Sub-Registrar office in Shamshabad of Ranga Reddy district were caught red-handed by the ACB officials last night for demanding and accepting an amount of Rs 15,000 as bribe for an official favour.
Narender Reddy fled from the scene on noticing the ACB team entering the office, while Suresh and one T Rajender Rao, who accepted the cash, were arrested, the release said. Both the cases are under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends