Two govt officials held for taking bribe in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two government officials were on Wednesday arrested after they were caught while allegedly taking bribe in separate cases in Nellore and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Shaik Ghani Basha, divisional manager, AP Forest Development Corporation, was caught red-handed by Anti Corruption Bureau officials in Nellore when he demanded and accepted bribe amount of Rs 50,000 from a complainant to recommend some contract works to be done, an ACB release said here.
In another case, M Srinivas, assistant engineer, Panchayat Raj section at Mandal Parishad Development Office in Nagireddy Pet of Nizamabad district, was trapped by ACB officials when he allegedly took Rs 10,000 from a complainant as bribe for doing an official favour.
Both the accused officials were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical