Two govt officials held for taking bribe in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two government officials were on Wednesday arrested after they were caught while allegedly taking bribe in separate cases in Nellore and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Shaik Ghani Basha, divisional manager, AP Forest Development Corporation, was caught red-handed by Anti Corruption Bureau officials in Nellore when he demanded and accepted bribe amount of Rs 50,000 from a complainant to recommend some contract works to be done, an ACB release said here.
In another case, M Srinivas, assistant engineer, Panchayat Raj section at Mandal Parishad Development Office in Nagireddy Pet of Nizamabad district, was trapped by ACB officials when he allegedly took Rs 10,000 from a complainant as bribe for doing an official favour.
Both the accused officials were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH