Two govt officials held for taking bribe in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two government officials were on Wednesday arrested after they were caught while allegedly taking bribe in separate cases in Nellore and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Shaik Ghani Basha, divisional manager, AP Forest Development Corporation, was caught red-handed by Anti Corruption Bureau officials in Nellore when he demanded and accepted bribe amount of Rs 50,000 from a complainant to recommend some contract works to be done, an ACB release said here.
In another case, M Srinivas, assistant engineer, Panchayat Raj section at Mandal Parishad Development Office in Nagireddy Pet of Nizamabad district, was trapped by ACB officials when he allegedly took Rs 10,000 from a complainant as bribe for doing an official favour.
Both the accused officials were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey