Two govt officials held for taking bribe in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two government officials were on Wednesday arrested after they were caught while allegedly taking bribe in separate cases in Nellore and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Shaik Ghani Basha, divisional manager, AP Forest Development Corporation, was caught red-handed by Anti Corruption Bureau officials in Nellore when he demanded and accepted bribe amount of Rs 50,000 from a complainant to recommend some contract works to be done, an ACB release said here.
In another case, M Srinivas, assistant engineer, Panchayat Raj section at Mandal Parishad Development Office in Nagireddy Pet of Nizamabad district, was trapped by ACB officials when he allegedly took Rs 10,000 from a complainant as bribe for doing an official favour.
Both the accused officials were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!