Two govt officials held for taking bribe in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two government officials were on Wednesday arrested after they were caught while allegedly taking bribe in separate cases in Nellore and Nizamabad districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Shaik Ghani Basha, divisional manager, AP Forest Development Corporation, was caught red-handed by Anti Corruption Bureau officials in Nellore when he demanded and accepted bribe amount of Rs 50,000 from a complainant to recommend some contract works to be done, an ACB release said here.
In another case, M Srinivas, assistant engineer, Panchayat Raj section at Mandal Parishad Development Office in Nagireddy Pet of Nizamabad district, was trapped by ACB officials when he allegedly took Rs 10,000 from a complainant as bribe for doing an official favour.
Both the accused officials were arrested after recovery of the bribe amount, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday