Two Hyderabad students arrested with fake notes
Hyderabad: Two students were on Monday arrested for allegedly preparing and circulating fake currency notes, police said today.
Fake notes with a face value of Rs 1 lakh were seized from the duo, Syed Adil Shah and K Tarun Goud, who were rounded up from Chandrayangutta area here, they said.
They had prepared fake currency notes (in Rs 500 denomination) by using laptop, printer and scanner. The duo was nabbed while they were trying to put them into circulation, police said.
The accused are childhood friends and are doing their graduation.
They hatched a plan to prepare fake notes to meet expenses of their lavish lifestyle, police said, adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'