Two killed, 15 feared trapped as hillock caves-in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two labourers were killed and at
least 15 others were feared trapped when a hillock caved-in at
a granite quarry in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh this
evening, police said.
The mishap occurred near Chimakurthi village when a
group of labourers were engaged in digging work inside the
quarry spread on 24-acre, owned by a private company, they
"So far two bodies have been recovered from the spot and
we suspect at least 10-15 more persons are trapped in the
70-meter deep quarry," Prakasam District Superintendent of
Police Navin Chand, who is supervising the rescue efforts,
Rescue operations were being hampered due to darkness.
However, efforts were on in full swing to rescue all those who
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?