Two killed, 15 feared trapped as hillock caves-in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two labourers were killed and at
least 15 others were feared trapped when a hillock caved-in at
a granite quarry in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh this
evening, police said.
The mishap occurred near Chimakurthi village when a
group of labourers were engaged in digging work inside the
quarry spread on 24-acre, owned by a private company, they
"So far two bodies have been recovered from the spot and
we suspect at least 10-15 more persons are trapped in the
70-meter deep quarry," Prakasam District Superintendent of
Police Navin Chand, who is supervising the rescue efforts,
Rescue operations were being hampered due to darkness.
However, efforts were on in full swing to rescue all those who
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?