Two killed, 15 feared trapped as hillock caves-in Andhra
Hyderabad: Two labourers were killed and at
least 15 others were feared trapped when a hillock caved-in at
a granite quarry in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh this
evening, police said.
The mishap occurred near Chimakurthi village when a
group of labourers were engaged in digging work inside the
quarry spread on 24-acre, owned by a private company, they
"So far two bodies have been recovered from the spot and
we suspect at least 10-15 more persons are trapped in the
70-meter deep quarry," Prakasam District Superintendent of
Police Navin Chand, who is supervising the rescue efforts,
Rescue operations were being hampered due to darkness.
However, efforts were on in full swing to rescue all those who
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion