Two killed as lorry overturns at Metro Rail site in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Two labourers working at a site of the ongoing Hyderabad Metro Rail project here were killed and three others injured when a cement container lorry overturned in the early hours today, police said.
The accident occurred at around 3.15 AM when the lorry from Guntur district rammed into barricades on the road near the site in Malakpet area and fell into the pit dug up for construction of metro rail piers, they said.
At least ten labourers who were working at the site and six who came above the pit for drinking water had a lucky escape when the mishap occurred.
However, the two workers who were crushed under the vehicle died instantaneously when it fell on them while two other labourers and the lorry driver suffered injuries in the mishap, a senior police official said.
The deceased were identified as M Ansari and Babulal Yadav, both belonging to Jharkhand state, police said adding it is suspected that driver`s negligence led to the accident.
Construction major L&T is implementing the elevated Metro Rail Project spanning 72-kms in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- China tornado, hailstorm toll rises to 99, at least 840 injured
- David Headley liked Osama's theory on women!
- Modi's stern warning to tax evaders: Comply by Sept 30 or get ready to face harsh measures
- WATCH: ROCKSTAR! Virat Kohli steals the show in Premier Futsal League anthem
- IIFA 2016: Madrid applauds 'Best Actor' Ranveer Singh for 'Bajirao Mastani', actor feels grateful!