Two lakh acres of land acquired for industries
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Chairman G Sivarama Subramanyam has said that around 2.10 lakh acres of land has been acquired for setting up industries across the state.
Speaking to reporters here yesterday he said that 2.10 lakh acres of land has been acquired and allocated across AP for setting up 75,000 industries. And about 40 per cent of work for setting up industries has been completed, he said.
Subramanyam said several big industrialists have come forward to set up industries in AP, as the state government has introduced Single Window system for the benefit of those desirous to set up industries in the state. The system was attracted by number of industrialists.
So far 12,552 acres of land has been acquired and 9,500 acres have been distributed for setting up various types of industries in the state, after he assumed charge as Chairman of APIIC, he said.
He said there was a proposal to provide special package to farmers who handed over the land for APIIC for setting up industries in the state.
Besides providing compensation to farmers and 10 per cent of land will be provided to them to set up small scale industries in the land, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Beware, workaholics: Excessive working may elevate depression, anxiety
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Domestic black money window will ensure peace of mind: IT dept
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza