Two Maoists surrender in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: Two Maoists including a
Divisional Committee Member (DCM) surrendered before the
police on Monday.
P Paramaseswra Rao and B Jagga Rao surrendered before the
Superintendent of Police of Visakhapatnam District (Rural).
SP Vineet Brijlal told reporters that DCM member P
Paramaseswra Rao alias Sankar, Papanna and Viswnadh Nandu
have worked in several dalams including Tanadava, Sabari,
Kalimela, Galiknoda for the last 26 years.
He said Rao, a native of Zahirabad in Medak district
joined the organisation during 1985-86 as a dalam member in
Thadava group and was later promoted as DCM of East division
and was looking after village committees and Praja Sanagams
He was involved in attack on Darakonda armed outpost,
murder of P Sundara Rao at Narellamband village, Seetakandi
fire exchange near Downruur and Puttakota. Some cases were
also pending against him.
He was arrested in 1987 along with some other Maoists and
sent to Visakhapatnam Central Jail.
Brijlal said the DCM member was released in 1997 along
with five others who were in Visakhapatnam Central jail by the
government in exchange for the kidnapping of seven IAS
officers at Gurthedu by the Gurthedu Dalam.
He said the main reason for his surrender was ill-health
as he was suffering from diabetes and jaundice.
The SP said the DCM member`s wife Swaroopa who was
serving in the party as commander is still at large.
He said the member would be rehabilitated and the reward
of Rs five lakh on his head would be given to him.
Rao, who surrendered before police without any arms said
he took the decision due to ill health and weakening of the
organisation in Andhra Orissa Border(AOB) and subsequent
surrender of militia members.
B Jagga Rao was another surrendered Dalam member who
joined the organisation in 2001. He would be rehabilitated and
the reward amount of Rs 20,000 on his head would be given to
him, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what