Two more Cong MLAs may switch loyalty to Jagan
Hyderabad: Two more Congress MLAs on Thursday appeared to be switching loyalty to YSR Congress of Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy.
D Chandrasekhar Reddy from East Godavari district and Jayamani from Vizianagaram district today expressed solidarity with YSR Congress and its honorary President Y S Vijayalaxmi who is currently campaigning in the coast districts of AP for the June 12 by-elections.
Bypolls to 18 Assembly segments and one Lok Sabha seat are being held in the state next month.
The ruling party legislators said they will announce their future course of action after consulting their supporters in their constituencies.
Two other Congress MLAs, Venkata Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao (Vizianagaram district) and A K Srinivas (West Godavari district) have already announced their decision to work under the leadership of Jagan who is in jail in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana has expressed confidence that there would be no problem for the party with the change of loyalty by some MLAs.
Meanwhile, a TDP MLA, C Ramakotaiah, is also said to be unhappy with his party and will soon decide his course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore