Two more Cong MLAs may switch loyalty to Jagan
Hyderabad: Two more Congress MLAs on Thursday appeared to be switching loyalty to YSR Congress of Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy.
D Chandrasekhar Reddy from East Godavari district and Jayamani from Vizianagaram district today expressed solidarity with YSR Congress and its honorary President Y S Vijayalaxmi who is currently campaigning in the coast districts of AP for the June 12 by-elections.
Bypolls to 18 Assembly segments and one Lok Sabha seat are being held in the state next month.
The ruling party legislators said they will announce their future course of action after consulting their supporters in their constituencies.
Two other Congress MLAs, Venkata Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao (Vizianagaram district) and A K Srinivas (West Godavari district) have already announced their decision to work under the leadership of Jagan who is in jail in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana has expressed confidence that there would be no problem for the party with the change of loyalty by some MLAs.
Meanwhile, a TDP MLA, C Ramakotaiah, is also said to be unhappy with his party and will soon decide his course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test