Two more Cong MLAs may switch loyalty to Jagan
Hyderabad: Two more Congress MLAs on Thursday appeared to be switching loyalty to YSR Congress of Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy.
D Chandrasekhar Reddy from East Godavari district and Jayamani from Vizianagaram district today expressed solidarity with YSR Congress and its honorary President Y S Vijayalaxmi who is currently campaigning in the coast districts of AP for the June 12 by-elections.
Bypolls to 18 Assembly segments and one Lok Sabha seat are being held in the state next month.
The ruling party legislators said they will announce their future course of action after consulting their supporters in their constituencies.
Two other Congress MLAs, Venkata Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao (Vizianagaram district) and A K Srinivas (West Godavari district) have already announced their decision to work under the leadership of Jagan who is in jail in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana has expressed confidence that there would be no problem for the party with the change of loyalty by some MLAs.
Meanwhile, a TDP MLA, C Ramakotaiah, is also said to be unhappy with his party and will soon decide his course of action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference