Two Pakistan nationals held for overstaying
Hyderabad: Two Pakistani nationals-- a middle-aged woman doctor and her 20-year-old son were arrested from Mirchowk locality here on charge of overstaying their visa period, police said on Sunday.
Dr Athiya Zabeen Ather and her son Mohammed Habib were arrested and remanded to judicial custody yesterday under relevant sections of Foreigners Act, who, according to police were staying here "unauthorisedly" since 2010 after the expiry of their visa, they said.
Born in Hyderabad, Zabeen had gone to Dubai where she married a Pakistani national and later shifted to Pakistan and took citizenship of that country.
However, in 2006 after getting divorce from her husband, she came back to Hyderabad along with her son and was staying in a rented house here, Mirchowk police said.
"Their visa expired in 2010 and they continued to stay here illegally. The Special Branch traced them and handed over them to the Mirchowk police," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi