Two persons test positive for Swine flu in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: Two persons, including a pregnant woman, were tested positive for Swine flu in the city, a senior health official said on Sunday.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi told a news agency that so far two cases are confirmed for contracting the infection.
Of the two, one is a 23-year-old pregnant woman who is battling for life at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases at Pedawaltair area in the city in critical condition.
A 30-year-old citizen, who was admitted in a private hospital with fever and respiratory problems, was also diagnosed with the H1N1 infection. He was, however, discharged from hospital.
Laxmi said the authorities have started surveillance activity within the five-km radius of the patient`s residence and found that she has not travelled anywhere for the past few months, but she was ailing with some other heart-related disease.
In 2009, five persons had died of Swine flu out of 29 cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional