Two persons test positive for Swine flu in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: Two persons, including a pregnant woman, were tested positive for Swine flu in the city, a senior health official said on Sunday.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi told a news agency that so far two cases are confirmed for contracting the infection.
Of the two, one is a 23-year-old pregnant woman who is battling for life at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases at Pedawaltair area in the city in critical condition.
A 30-year-old citizen, who was admitted in a private hospital with fever and respiratory problems, was also diagnosed with the H1N1 infection. He was, however, discharged from hospital.
Laxmi said the authorities have started surveillance activity within the five-km radius of the patient`s residence and found that she has not travelled anywhere for the past few months, but she was ailing with some other heart-related disease.
In 2009, five persons had died of Swine flu out of 29 cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued