Two TDP leaders hacked to death
Hyderabad: Two leaders of the opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP), who were brothers, were hacked to death by unidentified assailants in Andhra Pradesh`s Kadapa district in a case of fational killings, police said on Saturday.
Vishwanath Reddy and Maheshwar Reddy, both brothers and local leaders of the TDP, were murdered late Friday in Nakkaladinne in Kadapa. A woman was also injured in the attack.
Some unidentified people, who came in a car, barged into the house of the two brothers after midnight and attacked them with sickles and other sharp-edged weapons, an official said.
Police suspect it to be case of factional killings. Eight people of a rival faction have been booked and searches are on to find them, the official said.
Kadapa is a part of Rayalaseema region, notorious for factional killings. The factions fighting for domination in villages kill their rivals mercilessly. The factions are supported either by the Congress or by TDP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’