Two Telangana ministers head to Delhi for talks
Hyderabad: Two senior Andhra Pradesh ministers, K. Jana Reddy and Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Monday left for Delhi for talks with the Congress leadership on the issue of statehood to Telangana.
Immediately after submitting their resignations, along with other ministers and legislators, to the deputy Speaker of the Assembly, the ministers left for the national capital to join their party MPs from the region in the talks with the leadership.
Nine MPs from Telangana are already in Delhi to submit their resignations to press their demand for formation of a separate Telangana state.
Jana Reddy, who is leading the Telangana ministers and legislators, wanted the MPs to wait till they arrive in Delhi for talks.
The Congress leadership has called MPs and legislators for talks to resolve the Telangana issue. Though the ministers and legislators received the invite in the morning, they decided to go ahead with submitting their resignations before any talks.
Jana Reddy denied that their action was a defiance of the party leadership. He claimed that the resignations were in fact to save and strengthen the party in Telangana.
The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh plunged into crisis with 36 legislators from the party and all 33 from the main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) quitting over the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened