Ugadi celebrated with traditional fervour in AP
Hyderabad: Ugadi, the Telugu new year, was celebrated with traditional fervour and cheerfulness across Andhra Pradesh today.
Dressed in traditional attire, the Telugu people offered special prayers in the morning and consumed the Ugadi `Pachadi` (chutney).
The `Pachadi` is made with neem flowers, jaggery, pepper or green chillies, salt, tamarind juice, small pieces of raw mango, symbolising that life is a mixture of different experiences, which should be accepted with equanimity throughout the year.
`Panchanga Sravanam` (recitation of almanac) was organised in temples and other such places.
Ugadi was also celebrated in the offices of ruling Congress, main Opposition Telugu Desam and BJP.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy attended the official function organised at Ravindra Bharati, a cultural complex of the state government here and also the function at Gandhi Bhavan, the state Congress headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof