Ugadi celebrated with traditional fervour in AP
Hyderabad: Ugadi, the Telugu new year, was celebrated with traditional fervour and cheerfulness across Andhra Pradesh today.
Dressed in traditional attire, the Telugu people offered special prayers in the morning and consumed the Ugadi `Pachadi` (chutney).
The `Pachadi` is made with neem flowers, jaggery, pepper or green chillies, salt, tamarind juice, small pieces of raw mango, symbolising that life is a mixture of different experiences, which should be accepted with equanimity throughout the year.
`Panchanga Sravanam` (recitation of almanac) was organised in temples and other such places.
Ugadi was also celebrated in the offices of ruling Congress, main Opposition Telugu Desam and BJP.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy attended the official function organised at Ravindra Bharati, a cultural complex of the state government here and also the function at Gandhi Bhavan, the state Congress headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda