`Union ministers compounding Telangana problem`
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party on Saturday said that some Union ministers were compounding the Telangana problem by speaking in different voices.
The party also questioned the silence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC president Sonia Gandhi on the vexatious issue.
"Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde says no talks took place on Telangana. Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad says talks were held with (Telangana Rashtra Samiti president) K Chandrasekhar Rao but finding a solution to the statehood issue was not easy. Another Union minister Vayalar Ravi speaks something else," Telugu Desam Telangana Forum leader and senior MLA Mothkupalli Narasimhulu pointed out.
Addressing a press conference here today, Narasimhulu lashed out at the Congress and the TRS for creating "confusion" among people of Telangana by making conflicting statements and also demanded that KCR reveals details of his talks with Union Ministers Vayalar Ravi, Oscar Fernandez and Ghulam Nabi Azad.
"K Chandrasekhar Rao camped in New Delhi and achieved nothing. He was acting similar to late Marri Channa Reddy who went on to become Chief Minister, Union Minister and Governor by mortgaging the Telangana movement in New Delhi," Narasimhulu alleged.
"People of Telangana have realised the unholy nexus of Congress and TRS and KCR should stop his dramas," the TDP leader stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon