United AP supporters plan `Chalo Parliament` march
Hyderabad: Pro-united Andhra employees and others are planning to organise a march during the coming session of Parliament against the division of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers (APNGOs) Association President P Ashok Babu told reporters here on Monday that they would meet all political parties here and chalk out a plan of action either tomorrow or the day after for their proposed `Chalo Parliament` march.
He said they would also try to meet leaders of different parties in Parliament, which will be in session next month, to help in keeping the state united.
The last session of the Lok Sabha will is scheduled to be held between February 5 and February 21.
The draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013 is currently being debated in the state Legislature. The President had initially given time till January 23 to discuss the Bill, but it was extended till January 30 on a request from the state government.
The Bill for formation of separate Telangana is expected to be tabled in the upcoming session of Parliament.
The APNGOs, which last year held a strike for over two months against bifurcation of the state, early this month organised a day-long sit-in in Hyderabad which was attended by all leaders opposed to the division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how