`United` AP supporters to organise agitation
Hyderabad: Government employees supporting a "united" Andhra Pradesh and others plan to organise an all-party meeting on December 20 to chalk out an "action plan" to keep the state "united".
Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOA) leader P Ashok Babu told reporters here on Tuesday that all parties are welcome to attend the meet.
The aim of the all-party meeting is to make all MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions to oppose the state`s division during the debate on the draft Telangana Bill in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, he said.
The AP Assembly is likely to take up debate on the draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013 from tomorrow.
The draft bill was tabled in the House yesterday.
The all-party meeting would also decide on how the agitation against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh should be organised, he said.
Government employees supporting a "united" Andhra Pradesh had earlier struck work for over two months crippling normal life.
Under the banner of an outfit in support of a united Andhra Pradesh, the government employees also plan to organise a massive protest programme when the debate on the draft bill will be on in the AP Assembly, he said.
The President has given time until January 23 for the AP legislature to return the bill after due deliberations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'