University of Hyderabad ranked No. 1 in India
Hyderabad: University of Hyderabad (UoH)
has been ranked as the number one varsity in India on the
basis of indicators like publication quality and also overall
performance in the rankings given by a reputed agency.
"University of Hyderabad has been ranked as the number
one university in the country based on multi-disciplinary
bibliographic database on the basis of many indicators
including publication quality, citation, impact and overall
performance," UoH Vice-Chancellor Seyed E Hasnain told
reporters here tonight.
The UoH stands first among top 25 universities in the
ranking given by SCOPUS, a not-for-profit international body,
The ranking has been given by SCOPUS taking into
consideration the papers published during 1999-2008, he said.
SCOPUS gives the ranking once in three years.
The ranking is a recognition to the overall good
performance of the UoH in various spheres. Delhi University is
second in the list of 25 varsities, Hasnain said.
Highlighting various achievements of the UoH, he said
the University has also got highest rank (A Grade, 97%) by the
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute is the only university in the country to
offer admission to the five-year IMSc programme through IIT-
JEE and the response to the course has been very impressive,
A cluster of established and upcoming institutions,
including TERI, TIFR, IIPH, are located within the campus for
"cross fertilisation of ideas and sharing infrastructure", he
The UoH is the only university in the country to
provide travel grant to all Ph.D students to attend one
The UoH is setting up the Knowledge and Innovation
Park as a joint venture with the Andhra Pradesh Government to
promote Research and Development by national and multi-
national agencies, Hasnain said.
The UoH would host the prestigious International
Congress of Mathematicians in August 2010 during which the
Fields Medal, the Nobel equivalent in mathematics, would be
The five-day event will be organised for the first
time ever in India and third time in Asia, Hasnain added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy