University of Hyderabad ranked No. 1 in India
Hyderabad: University of Hyderabad (UoH)
has been ranked as the number one varsity in India on the
basis of indicators like publication quality and also overall
performance in the rankings given by a reputed agency.
"University of Hyderabad has been ranked as the number
one university in the country based on multi-disciplinary
bibliographic database on the basis of many indicators
including publication quality, citation, impact and overall
performance," UoH Vice-Chancellor Seyed E Hasnain told
reporters here tonight.
The UoH stands first among top 25 universities in the
ranking given by SCOPUS, a not-for-profit international body,
The ranking has been given by SCOPUS taking into
consideration the papers published during 1999-2008, he said.
SCOPUS gives the ranking once in three years.
The ranking is a recognition to the overall good
performance of the UoH in various spheres. Delhi University is
second in the list of 25 varsities, Hasnain said.
Highlighting various achievements of the UoH, he said
the University has also got highest rank (A Grade, 97%) by the
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute is the only university in the country to
offer admission to the five-year IMSc programme through IIT-
JEE and the response to the course has been very impressive,
A cluster of established and upcoming institutions,
including TERI, TIFR, IIPH, are located within the campus for
"cross fertilisation of ideas and sharing infrastructure", he
The UoH is the only university in the country to
provide travel grant to all Ph.D students to attend one
The UoH is setting up the Knowledge and Innovation
Park as a joint venture with the Andhra Pradesh Government to
promote Research and Development by national and multi-
national agencies, Hasnain said.
The UoH would host the prestigious International
Congress of Mathematicians in August 2010 during which the
Fields Medal, the Nobel equivalent in mathematics, would be
The five-day event will be organised for the first
time ever in India and third time in Asia, Hasnain added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’